Sources close to Afghanistan’s National Resistance Front (NRF) say that, in addition to Hasib Panjshiri, two other members of the front were killed by the Taliban in yesterday’s incident, and their bodies have yet to be handed over to their families.
A source close to the National Resistance Front confirmed on Friday, 30 Asad, that Romel Panjshiri and Atiq Panjshiri, two other members of the front, were killed alongside Hasib Panjshiri. The source did not provide further details about how the incident occurred.
According to the source, Romel Panjshiri was a resident of Shotul district, while Atiq Panjshiri was from Manjur village in the center of Panjshir province. The source also said that Romel had served as a National Directorate of Security officer under the previous government, while Atiq had served as an officer in the Afghan army.
The source further claimed that nine other members of the National Resistance Front were captured by the Taliban during the ambush in which Hasib Panjshiri and the two other NRF members were killed.
Sources close to the National Resistance Front say the Taliban transferred the bodies of those killed, along with the captured members of the front, to the Taliban intelligence directorate in Parwan province. This claim has not been independently verified.
The National Resistance Front of Afghanistan has also confirmed the killing of Hasib Panjshiri, one of the front’s senior commanders, by the Taliban. The front said it would release further details about the incident after completing its investigation and review.
Meanwhile, sources close to the Taliban said that Hasib Panjshiri and those accompanying him were targeted in the northern Salang area. Taliban officials have so far made no official statement on the details of the incident or the number of casualties and detainees.
Writer:Salima Aryaei








