TOOSnews
Advertisement
United Afghanistan front claims attack on Taliban’s 205th corps headquarters in Kandahar.
AfghanistanTOOS News

United Afghanistan front claims attack on Taliban’s 205th corps headquarters in Kandahar.

August 20, 2026
Share
Summary

The United Afghanistan Front says its forces have attacked a military base belonging to the Taliban’s 205 Al-Badr Corps in Kandahar. The Taliban has neither confirmed nor denied the claim.

In a statement published on the social media platform X early Wednesday, August 19, the front said that five Taliban members were killed and three others wounded in the attack.

The United Afghanistan Front also claimed that a Taliban military vehicle was destroyed during the attack. No independent details have emerged regarding the extent of the damage caused.

In a video released by the front and said to show the attack, two armed men can be seen in the darkness of night, while gunfire can be heard in the background. Independent sources have not yet verified the authenticity of the video or the details of the claims.

In a separate statement, the front claimed that its forces also attacked Taliban positions on Tuesday, August 18, in the Arghandab River area of District 8 of Lashkar Gah, the capital of Helmand province.

According to the United Afghanistan Front, four Taliban members were killed in the attack and a Ranger vehicle belonging to the group was destroyed. This claim has also not been independently verified.

The Taliban has so far made no comment on either the alleged attack on the 205 Al-Badr Corps base in Kandahar or the reported attack in Lashkar Gah.

Writer:Salima Aryaei

Follow us

Official channels for breaking news, clips, and updates.

@TOOSnews.com

Tap an icon to open our official channel.